Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fond Birthday Memories...

So I'm officially 24 (for 2 weeks now), it feels good... so Stephen and I are the same age for only one more day! Becky and Eileen planned a fun downtown birthday dinner at PF Chang's and then we just wandered around downtown. I absolutely love downtown, all the lights, the sounds of street musicians and bands floating through the air, and that there's lots of free parking!

I know you're all dying to know what I got for my birthday, so here it goes...
1. I got a keyboard piano from Stephen for my birthday... it's awesome, I can't leave it alone! Alex, Heather, Courtney, Trevor, Mike and my parents also chipped in to make it possible, so thanks guys!
2. Stephen's mom gave me an Ann Taylor gift card (which I spent swiftly)
3. Stephen's dad gave me a new golf bag and golf shoes (which I got to try out on the golf course the next day)... it was a rough golf day, but I did add a par to my "collection"... I'm up to 5! I just have to figure out how to start making birdies :)
4. A wonderful birthday dinner with my wonderful husband (after a horribly long, draining day of ACLS) at Outback
5. several yummy birthday cakes (Stephen even woke up really early to make me one): white, chocolate and spice (and the chocolate mousse at PF Chang's, but I don't know if that counts)

All in all, a very good birthday and no disasters like I'm always afraid of! Today was my first day of my orthopedic surgery rotation, more to follow...

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Hutchins said...

Good luck Emily in Ortho! I can't wait to hear about it. Congrats on the big 24!!!!! Sounds like you had a good time, and I love your photos!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home