Saturday, November 25, 2006

My meager golf accomplishments...

So in my golf history, I've made 4 pars on par-3 holes, which is exciting... but I've been waiting and waiting for a par on a par-4 hole (and a birdie of course, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet) and the day finally came yesterday! I was playing golf with my dad at a new course, made a great tee shot with my driver about 200 yards to the right of the fairway. Muffed my six iron shot, so the ball landed on the side of the mound that the green sits on top of. Then I had the chip shot of my life with the nine iron; the ball landed about 5 feet away from the hole. I had to take a deep breath and really size up the putt so that I could make this one THE one. I did everything I could think of, even visualized the ball rolling into the hole... and it worked!

The rest of the round was pretty embarrassing since I haven't touched my golf clubs in like three months, but that one hole, number 6, was enough to make it worth all the other terrible, frustrating shots. I can really understand how people get obsessed with golf now... it keeps luring you back with the promise of success and improvement by giving you one good shot or one good hole each round.

PS- forgive the poor golf commentary

Onto other news.... my laptop died, so I've spent way too much time on the phone and on-line with Dell "technicians" and computer-savvy friends trying to fix it. I'm almost to the point of using it as a coaster and just calling it a loss! So, just in case anyone reads this anymore, please leave a comment so I can find your blog again. I lost all of my links, favorites, pictures, MUSIC :( EVERYTHING, so I'm starting from scratch. Luckily a few weeks before I backed up iTunes, so I think I should be able to retrieve almost all of my library... I guess it could always be worse. Happy (belated) Thanksgiving to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home