Saturday, April 29, 2006

I'm in love...



...with a stripper, she ridin' ...(whoa, jk, it's just a really catchy song that gets stuck in my head way too much). I'm not only in love with my sweet, adorable husband but also with the Vespa Granturismo. That's right folks, I want a cute scooter to drive around town! Although, I'm sure I'd end up getting some shade of blue instead (surprise, surprise)!

Perhaps this love affair began when I fell in love with the movie "Roman Holiday" starring two of my favorites, Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck! (I didn't even realize that they were driving an actualy Vespa until I did some research.) I've always seen adorable scooters randomly parked on a sidewalk or something and wondered what kind of carefree, fun life it's driver must lead. Probably an idealized and naive notion, but still it makes me happy to think that perhaps one day I too will be able to zoom around the Colliseum and the rest of Rome and beyond on a Vespa, with a tall dark handsome guy (who I happen to already be married to, which is very helpful... I already know how the love story ends!) I asked Stephen if I could go to the Vespa dealership in Dallas for my birthday to do a test drive... yet another reason I can't wait for June!


The beautiful weather lately has intensified the desire to go for drives with a little less material between the sunshine, breeze and me! And after much googling, I actually found a contest to win a Vespa!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one day I'll own one, and perhaps even get it for free... oh, wishful thinking, not holding my breath. I think this post would definitely be filed under the "rambling" category of my blog... sorry about that! I hope you've enjoyed looking at the pretty scooter :) Peace out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm getting a convertible. I've been looking at a mid-90s Mazda Miata, but I really want a 96-99 BMW Z3. Oh man, they're beautiful. I've found a few that are in great shape and have pretty low mileage. I'm EXCITED!!!!

Yeah, you're totally gonna win something one of these days. I think that VESPA has your name written all over it! (and don't worry, I won't enter, haha)

10:19 PM  
Blogger Leslie Hutchins said...

You are so cute Emily. I would love a scooter, especially if I was still in Abilene and could use it a lot! Let me know if you ever get one. I can see you on one now. Especially with your beautiful curly hair. -Leslie

4:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad that I came across your blog (thanks, Leslie). Did you know that they are building a "Green" aka eco-friendly condominium in Dallas were everyone gets a free Vespa with condo purchase?

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home