Tuesday, January 04, 2005

You must've been a beautiful baby...

My holiday was great. First of all it was great because I realized that it was twice as long as I thought! For some sick reason, I thought I would only have one week at home with the fam... until Stephen reminded me that I actually had two full weeks... what a wonderful surprise! I got to rock a baby every day (which if you've known me long at all, you know it's my passion) and kiss his cute chubby cheeks! It really doesn't get much better than that. I worked on my crossword completion skills, which are embarrassing especially when compared to my father and sister who have been doing them much longer. I did in fact finish a whole puzzle though! I was pretty pumped about that. Other than crosswords and the Jumble just adjacent to it I spent a lot of my break playing the piano and guitar, holding Zane, catching up on "Law and Order," holding Zane, shopping for Zane, and talking with old friends and the fam and of course, holding Zane some more.

I'm posting my favorite picture of Zane. I took it right after he got home from the hospital, so he was 2 days old. He's a whopping 3 weeks and 4 days old! Eileen and I both talked about how hard it is to imagine him actually being bigger than us some day. I did the calculations and I'll be 38 when he's able to drive... ay yi yi! It's funny how infants make you think, especially since they can't interact in conversation with you. I spent so many hours watching Zane sleep and marveling about how tiny the bones in his fingers are, and amazed at the whole development process... how did he come out so perfectly?! It does help give me some perspective and motivation for my medical studies, which is always needed. I'm excited about getting to be a part of his life and getting to know his personality (we think he might be a very serious little boy) and see him grow into his own person and hear what he has to say. But I suppose I've gushed enough about Zane... at least for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home