Sunday, January 06, 2008

Baby T= Big Kid!


So we had another sonogram right after Christmas! We found out that he is still a boy (the first picture) which is good news. The middle two pictures are of his face, with his knees tucked up by his face. And the last one is of his little foot, but my scanner wasn't long enough... but trust me, it's cute and small :) It looks like Baby T is going to be large, as we suspected he might be. At 27 weeks, he already weighed almost 3 lbs!! And of course, his head was his largest measurement... and makes me nervous that he may come a couple weeks before the due date (which may complicate finishing up my last rotation before he's born). But we'll see, I can't worry about it too much now :)
I think Baby T had his first bout of hiccups last night... I couldn't figure out what was going on, but it lasted long enough and was rhythmic enough that I'm assuming that's what it was. It did not make my GI tract very happy though... hopefully that will be an uncommon occurrence.
We're getting excited about having our little guy at home with us. I decided over Christmas break that I had to clean out the guest room to make room for baby! It's been quite an undertaking, but I think I've finally made plenty of room for him, while cleaning out a bunch of junk. The added bonus is that if we clean it out now, we won't have to move it in a couple of months! I also went ahead and registered at Pottery Barn Kids (we couldn't resist) and Babies 'R Us. Luckily, I had my mom to help me figure out what the baby essentials are because each store gives you a HUGE list of things every new parents must have for their kid; needless to say, it's an extremely long list and some of it seemed questionable. I suppose there will be a lot of figuring it out as we go along.
Stephen and I both started our Geriatric rotation last week. So far, I've really enjoyed all of my patients, they've all been the sweetest little ladies so far... and they LOVE the fact that I'm pregnant. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to going to the dementia center or not, just because it makes me sad to know that each patient was "once" a vibrant person with opinions, distinct personality, with memories and a sense of humor... it's hard not to feel like there's been a huge loss, almost like a living funeral with no end. It just makes me sad because I know that has got to be hard on the families who have to see it. I wonder if the patients themselves somehow feel lost.
Other than that, Stephen and I both have three interviews left to go before we are done. I am going to be very relieved when interview season is over... traveling has gotten more uncomfortable since being pregnant, as well as walking around all day. And not to mention, wondering if my interview clothes will fit the next day or not... Baby T seems to have overnight growth spurts at times! And we're starting our childbirth/parenting class tomorrow night... so that should help make it all a little more real :) That's it for now...

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Hutchins said...

Best of luck with the rest of the interviews. I thought it was exhausting, much less being pregnant and interviewing. I have a lot of junk I need to start cleaning myself in anticipating my move. I got some file boxes as well because there is some paperwork just on my shelves that I need to keep, but need to organize as well. I keep putting it off, but I better get to tacking that. Take care and thanks for all the updates. Let me know if you are going to have a shower, I don't mind helping as well.

Later,

Leslie

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home