Sunday, January 13, 2008

Brief Update...

Being sick is never fun, but I must stay that being sick and pregnant has been the least fun. A large part of the discomfort is because of the limited amount of medicines I can take, especially all of the usual over the counter standards for the most annoying symptoms. And I feel terrible for Baby T because I'm sure my coughing in the middle of the night is jarring for him. Luckily, I can take Benadryl, which at least has helped me stay asleep a little bit longer, and sleep goes a long way in making me feel less miserable! I also borrowed a humidifier from a friend today to see if that will help; I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm so glad that Stephen is back home from Houston, because at least I feel better just having him around... who else would do a silly dance to make me feel better so early in the morning?! I'm hoping to feel better this afternoon so that we can drive to Dallas and inspect the crib we're looking at and hopefully get it ordered before it's not on sale anymore. Actually having the crib in our possession will be a big milestone... our first major baby purchase! (I'm sure it will be the first of many, babies are expensive :)

Another milestone... I'm 30 weeks now! According to my calculations (and vague memory of elementary math class) 30/40 weeks means that we're three-quarters of the way to the end! Very hard to believe. I'm getting more and more anxious to meet him and Stephen seems to be getting more excited as well, which is adorable. It's so funny that Baby T seems to get stage fright whenever someone wants to feel him moving, he even does it to Stephen. What's even funnier is that when Stephen puts his head on my belly instead of his hand, Baby T kicks him in the head almost every time!! It's hilarious. It's fun to try and decode this behavior into his future personality. He's big enough now though that if he won't kick while someone's hand is on my belly, that at least they can see it; it's very Alien looking at times :) That's it for now, I apologize for all the whining in the beginning :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home